Arapahoe Basin has limited company sponsored housing, therefore requiring many employees to find housing on their own.
Local Housing Options
In general, housing tends to be more difficult to find the closer it gets to the ski season, and we encourage all applicants to plan in advance. The most common areas employees find housing is in towns such as Keystone, Summit Cove, Dillon, Silverthorne, or Frisco.
The following are useful resources when looking for seasonal accommodation:
Craigslist: http://rockies.craigslist.org/, (Navigate to the “High Rockies” location for local rentals etc.)
Summit Daily Classifieds: www.summitdaily.com
Company Sponsored Employee Housing
- Limited employee housing is available to most first-season employees (some exceptions apply for certain departments).
- Company sponsored housing is located 5 mies west of our ski area in Keystone
- Accommodations are three bedrooms, one bathroom, full kitchen apartments that are shared by 3 Arapahoe Basin employees. Each person has their own bedroom with locking door and shares the kitchen, bathroom and living room with the other two tenants
- The units are partially furnished with a twin bed and a dresser in each bedroom, couch, TV stand and kitchen table in the living room and full size refrigerator, stove, oven and microwave in the kitchen. Appliances such as television, toaster, blender, utensils, plates, pots and pans and bed linens must be provided by the residents
- Lease is good for the duration of employment.
- Company sponsored housing is a PET FREE and DRUG FREE establishment (Medical Marijuana Cards are not recognized).
- Guests are welcome for up to 3 days and must be checked in at the housing office.
- Pre-scheduled room inspections are conducted twice per month by Housing Management to ensure basic cleanliness and compliance with housing regulations.
- For the majority of the winter season the local bus service (Summit Stage) runs from Keystone to Arapahoe Basin once per hour (typically mid November – late May). During times when the Summit Stage in not running it is the responsibility of the employee to secure their own transportation to and from work.
2011 – 2012* Rates and Operating Hours
- Deposit - $400 ($350 refundable 2 weeks after check out if no damage or cleaning fees are incurred).
- Rent - $455 per month (automatically deducted from each paycheck in increments of $227.50)
- Rent is pro-rated to the day that you move in
- Rent is pro-rated to the 1/2 month if check out is prior to May 1st, after May 1 pro-rated to the day that you move out.
- Full deposit and up to first month's rental (depends on the day you move in) is required upon check-in.
*Rates subject to change. Above rates reflect previous seasons.