Welcome to Arapahoe Basin's media center. Here you will find A-Basin's mountain statistics, facts, history and story ideas. Please contact us for the most up-to-date information, photos and news from The Legend!
Ranked #1 for
Ranked #7 for
Ranked #10 for
- SKI Magazine 2015-16 Resort Poll
Top 25 Ski Resorts for Seniors (#1 in the West)
- SeniorSkiing.com/About.com, January 2016
25 Best Family Ski Resorts in North America
- VacationIdea.com, January 2016
4 Mind-Blowing Bloody Marys
- SKI Magazine online, October 2015
NSAA & SKI Magazine Golden Eagle Award for Environmental Excellence
- National Ski Areas Association/SKI Magazine, May 2014
Top 10 Resorts for Character (2013)
- Skimag.com, November 2012
- Top 10 Ski Resorts in the U.S. (2013, ranked by "awesomeness")
- Forbes, December 2012
- 10 Best Mountains You've Never Skied (2013)
- SKI Magazine, November 2012
Ranked #1 in Top 5 Mom & Pop Ski Resorts
- SkiResorts.com, February 2010
- Top Ten for Best North American Ski Resort for the 09-10 Season
- Away.com, November 2009
- Top Ten in Value and Scenery (Reader survey)
- Ski Magazine, October 2009
- Silver Eagle Award for Visual Impact
- National Ski Area Association, May 2008
- Best New Ski Terrain – Montezuma Bowl and Best Beach
- Westword Best of Denver, March 2008
- Voted #4 in Best Value, #8 in Best Scenery and #9 in Best Challenging Terrain
- SKI Magazine, October 2006
Situated high on the Continental Divide, Arapahoe Basin offers some of the highest skiable terrain in North America and an unrivaled panorama of the snowcapped Rocky Mountains. We think of A-Basin as a unique place where it's all about the skiing and riding. Although there are no lodges, condos or timeshares, Arapahoe Basin stands out from the other 26 resorts in Colorado because of its outstanding terrain, abundant snowfall, laid-back atmosphere, storied history and springtime festivities.
- A-Basin boasts varied terrain, an average annual snowfall of 350", and one of the longest ski seasons in North America (typically October through early June). "The Legend" has everything from steep chutes and wide-open powder bowls to intermediate spruce glades and kid-friendly learning areas.
- Our Moonlight Dinners allow guests to experience some of the finest cuisine in Summit County, right along the scenic Continental Divide. Food & Beverage Director Christopher Rybak takes inspiration from the world's mountain regions for his creative menus, and sources local and sustainable ingredients when possible.
- Arapahoe Basin's infamous "Beach" is a place where every day is a party. Expect barbecues, crazy costumes and music from local and vacationing revelers.
- Montezuma Bowl is A-Basin's newest terrain and was the largest terrain expansion in North America for the 07/08 season.
- The extreme terrain accessible from the Pallavicini Lift, A-Basin's famed double-chair, is regarded by skiers and riders worldwide as some of the steepest and most challenging runs in North America.
- Our spring events are just getting started when other ski areas are closing for the season. A few marquee events include the Enduro (a skiathon and après party to benefit a local individual or non-profit), our free Shakin' at the Basin spring concert series, and the popular Festival of the Brewpubs.
The information included in our media center is designed to introduce you to all Arapahoe Basin has to offer its guests. Visiting the ski area, exploring the terrain, dining at our mountain, or participating in an event is what it takes to fully understand the authentic "vibe" that makes A-Basin so special. So wax your skis or board, and give one of us a call. We'd be happy to sneak away from our desks and show you why Arapahoe Basin is called "The Legend."
Leigh, Adrienne and Alan