Pure mountain vistas, just one hour from Denver
Arapahoe Basin has served as the location for local and national commercial film and photo shoots over the years. Located 75 miles west of the Denver International Airport, A-Basin's topography ranges from 10,780' in the base area to 13,050' on the summit of Lenawee Mountain. Most of its terrain is above timberline buttressed by the dramatic, rugged backdrop of the Continental Divide. A-Basin boasts the longest ski season in Colorado, remaining open from October to June. A-Basin averages 350 inches of snow per year, and is the last ski area in Colorado to close by at least a month. The late-season snowfall provides opportunities for on-snow shots into the summer.
Shooting typically takes place on weekdays prior to the lifts opening to the public. Arapahoe Basin sits on U.S. Forest Service land, and all commercial shoots require permission from both the ski area and the USFS. No shoots, commercial or otherwise, may take place without the express consent of A-Basin marketing and operations staff.
Notable Photo Credits/Highlights
- 2013 Eukanuba - TV Commercial
- 2013 Free Country - catalog shoot
- 2013 CSCUSA Safety Month video
- 2013 NSAA Snowmobile Safety video
- 2011 Armed Forces - TV Segments
- 2010 Chevy Truck Commercial
- 2009 Bula Catalog
- 2008 Spyder Catalog
- 2008 The Bachelorette
- 2008 Anheuser-Bush - Brochure
- 2007 Colorado Tourism - TV Commercial
- 2007 Warner Brothers - The Bucket List - Movie
- 2006 The Real World Denver - TV Show
- 2005 Cloudveil - Catalog
- 2004 Eddie Bauer - Catalog
- 2003 Chevy Trucks - TV Commercial
- 2000 Colorado Ski Country USA Consumer Guide - Avis Ad
- 1999 Lexus - Brochure
- 1999 Amy Grant - Christmas CD
- 1991 - 2004 Sport Scheck - Victory Productions Catalog
- 1998 and 1999 Denver Bronco Cheerleaders Calendar
- 1997 Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Celluloid Films TV Commercial
- 1997 Subaru - Jalbert Productions TV Commercial
- 1997 Shape Magazine - Magazine Feature
Find Out More
Want to set up a commercial shoot at Arapahoe Basin? Contact Adrienne Saia Isaac, communications manager, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call her at 970.513.5747.
To get a day-to-day look at Arapahoe Basin, check out our Mountain Snapshot Archives.
For the best accommodation deals, please check out our Lodging section or Hot Deals.