Back to Press Release Archives
2012 NSAA Safety Week Comes to A-Basin
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
For Immediate Release
“Always Be Educated”:
2012 NSAA Safety Week Comes to A-Basin, January 14-20
Arapahoe Basin, CO – January 10, 2012 – “Always Be Educated”: 2012 NSAA Safety Week Comes to A-Basin January 14-20
Arapahoe Basin, CO – January 10, 2012 –, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area will celebrate the National Skier Area Association’s National Safety Awareness Week with the “Always Be Educated (ABE) Safety Weekend” on Saturday, January 14 and Sunday, January 15. The ABE Weekend will focus on a variety of on-mountain safety measures all skiers and riders should take to heart when they are on the slopes.
A-Basin “Always Be Educated (ABE)” Safety Schedule:
Saturday, January 14 – Sunday, January 15,10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- “Safety Zone” Tent village in base area, where guests can learn about:
- Helmet fitting with ‘Think First’, as well as FREE helmet giveaways
- The ‘Skier’s Responsibility Code’, Safety Facts & Tips and overall Mountain Safety with the Ski Patrol and some of A-Basin’s Avalanche Dogs.
- Smart Style (aka Freestyle Terrain Safety) with the Basin’s Terrain Park crew
- Free binding checks in the Rental Shop
- Abe the Mountain Goat giving away Responsibility Code cake
- Raffle for ABE participants1pm
Monday, January 16 – Friday, January 20
- Patrol Headquarters will host an Open House throughout the week where guests can come in to meet members of the A-Basin Ski Patrol, discuss trails and conditions.
- Treeline Terrain Park and High Divide Terrain Park will also have staff on hand to chat about Terrain Park Safety.
Throughout the weekend’s festivities, a “safety village” will be set up in the base area from 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Highlights include: A-Basin’s Ski Patrol educating guests on the ‘Skier’s Responsibility Code’ and avalanche dog meet-n-greets, as well as and the terrain park crew presenting Terrain Park safety. In addition, representatives of the national Think First non-profit will be on hand promoting helmet safety and giving away up to 100 free helmets to both children and adults. www.thinkfirst.org/About/
A-Basin will raffle off a season pass and other great prizes for participants of the ABE Safety Weekend. In addition, A-Basin’s mascot “Abe” the mountain goat will be on hand, giving out free cake on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information regarding Arapahoe Basin’s “Always Be Educated” Safety Weekend, please visit www.arapahoebasin.com